pantry cook/salad prep
If you are interested in this position, please email firstname.lastname@example.org a resume listing relevant experience, and a brief bio about yourself and why you want to work for us!
This position is responsible for the timely preparation and exhibition assembly of a fresh quality salad and cold appetizer products.
• Read tickets and prepare, to order, all food items following standard recipes and procedures within specified time limits (2-3 minutes). Prepare recipes and plate presentations, correctly set up according to tickets.
• Prep for assigned food items. Wash and clean raw food products. Peel, dice, shred and slice food products using electric equipment. Count all prepped items used in salad area checking for quality and proper rotation. All salad mix is prepped a minimum of twice daily or once each shift.
• Maintain cooking line in a clean, sanitary and safe manner. Complete daily/weekly cleaning and maintenance of equipment. Maintain personal health and sanitation standards.
• Stock/restock items on line according to specifications.
• Label, date, rotate and store all items properly.
Customer/Client Focus, Communication Proficiency, Organizational Skills, Teamwork Orientation, Time Management.
This job entails frequent exposure to smoke, steam, high temperatures, humidity and extreme cold. There is also frequent contact/immersion of hands in water, sanitation solutions, meat products, poultry products and produce items.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear and stand. The employee is frequently required to reach, bend, stoop, shake, stir, pour, carry, push and lift objects up to 50 pounds. There is substantial repetitive motion of the wrists, hands and fingers.
• This is a full-time or part-time position, with a schedule that can vary weekly
Preferred Education and Experience
• One year of prior restaurant work experience preferred
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.